Twin Cities Small Emerging Growth Companies
Small businesses and solopreneurs in Minnesota’s Twin Cities face the same challenges every business must deal with daily. Moving from start-up to becoming a thriving success means traveling on a rough road with few sign markers. Going it alone makes things even more difficult. Twin Cities SEGC is designed to help business owners and entrepreneurs learn from experts and peers and to share what they have learned by connecting with others along the way.
Through regular monthly meetings that feature expert speakers and panels on a wide range of topics, along with opportunities for networking and discussion sessions, SEGC members learn and share skills and knowledge that helps them grow their businesses and achieve success. It is our mission to facilitate that learning, supporting, and connecting process.
Learning ~ Supporting ~ Connecting
Our goal is to help our members deal with challenges we all face, including:
- Top Level Speakers – Noted thought leaders present valuable information on a range of topics relevant to business excellence.
- Advance Notice of Speaker Topics – We encourage members to prepare questions for speakers.
- Participation – Group discussions and breakout sessions lead to more learning and connecting.
- Interaction with Like-Minded People – Each meeting allows solopreneurs and small business owners to discuss similar issues and learn from each other.
- A Place Where Vulnerability Is Admired – We are all different but also the same. We are open to alternative views and giving and receiving advice.
- It’s About the Community – “A problem shared is a problem halved.”
- Unique Quick-Fire Value Propositions – 30- and 10-second value propositions gets attendees focused on the real message they want people to hear.
- 15-Minute Networking – After hearing about people, attendees get to engage right away. We don’t sell to each other. We look at ways we can add value to each others network.
- Collaboration Is Key – “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” Many partnerships have been formed as a result of relationships built at SEGC.
Get the Benefit of Being Part of SEGC
SEGC is Small, Emerging Growth Companies. Created and run for solopreneurs and small businesses, we work on three principles: Learning, Supporting and Connecting and is designed to be a catalyst to connect providers and entrepreneurs in the Twin Cities. Members agree that connecting is more than collecting business cards; it entails knowing and understanding your market; reaching out and getting to know people; talking and listening as well as helping them. We hold monthly meetings (every 3rd Thursday) and we strive for all to leave a little bit wiser and a little bit smarter than when they showed up.
Pete Steege – Pete has over 30 years of marketing experience with a wide range of B2B technology and manufacturing businesses, from 50-person Silicon Valley startups to Fortune 100 firms. Coupled with extensive global experience in North America, Europe and Asia, Pete brings a breadth of perspective and fresh ideas to the B2B world. Pete is President of B2B Clarity, a fractional CMO services firm focused on helping CEOs without a marketing leader on their team succeed. Pete is a proven marketing strategist and industry-recognized content leader that can help CEOs untangle their marketing programs and get them working to grow revenue.