Twin Cities Small Emerging Growth Companies
Small businesses and solopreneurs in Minnesota’s Twin Cities face the same challenges every business must deal with daily. Moving from start-up to becoming a thriving success means travelling on a rough road with few sign markers. Going it alone makes things even more difficult. Twin Cities SEGC is designed to help business owners and entrepreneurs learn from experts and peers and to share what they have learned by connecting with others along the way.
Through regular monthly meetings that feature expert speakers and panels on a wide range of topics, along with opportunities for networking and discussion sessions, SEGC members learn and share skills and knowledge that helps them grow their businesses and achieve success. It is our mission to facilitate that learning, supporting, and connecting process.
Learning ~ Supporting ~ Connecting
Our goal is to help our members deal with challenges we all face, including:
- Top Level Speakers – Noted thought leaders present valuable information on a range of topics relevant to business excellence.
- Advance Notice of Speaker Topics – We encourage members to prepare questions for speakers.
- Participation – Group discussions and breakout sessions lead to more learning and connecting.
- Interaction with Like-Minded People – Each meeting allows solopreneurs and small business owners to discuss similar issues and learn from each other.
- A Place Where Vulnerability Is Admired – We are all different but also the same. We are open to alternative views and giving and receiving advice.
- It’s About the Community – “A problem shared is a problem halved.”
- Unique Quick-Fire Value Propositions – 30- and 10-second value propositions gets attendees focused on the real message they want people to hear.
- 15-Minute Networking – After hearing about people, attendees get to engage right away. We don’t sell to each other. We look at ways we can add value to each others network.
- Collaboration Is Key – “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” Many partnerships have been formed as a result of relationships built at SEGC.
Get the Benefit of Being Part of SEGC
SEGC is Small, Emerging Growth Companies. Created and run for solopreneurs and small businesses, we work on three principles: Learning, Supporting and Connecting and is designed to be a catalyst to connect providers and entrepreneurs in the Twin Cities. Members agree that connecting is more than collecting business cards; it entails knowing and understanding your market; reaching out and getting to know people; talking and listening as well as helping them. We hold monthly meetings (every 3rd Thursday) and we strive for all to leave a little bit wiser and a little bit smarter than when they showed up.
Tim Ellis – Tim helps small to mid-sized manufacturing companies Convert Chaos into Cash™, by streamlining their business and manufacturing processes to scale, improve profitability and quality. This is done by creating focus and accountability around what matters most to your organization. He can quickly assess your current situation to identify problems, risks, and opportunities to improve performance.
Tim brings years of experience working within manufacturing companies in all functional areas, in executive roles, and as a consultant in a variety of industries. He helps companies improve their performance by implementing and optimizing Lean, Continuous Improvement, Operational Excellence, and EOS® systems. Tim knows what a smooth-running operation looks like and how to get you there.
Tim works primarily with small to mid-size privately held manufacturers, who may not have all of expertise or bandwidth within the organization to tackle all the challenges they face. He provides the needed expertise and capacity as a Fractional Integrator or Contract COO, as well as consulting and advisory services.
Please contact Tim at email@example.com; Phone – 763-350-4047